Sunday, June 3, 2012

my quilted tote :) Its reversible!


I had so much fun making my quilted tote.  The inspiration shows the rag side but I fell in love with the smoth side and usually use it like this.  The patches were hand picked out of the fat quarter bin from Joanns and Hancock Fabrics.  I decided I wanted a quilted look because I seriously yearn for Vera Bradly but cant pay her prices!  I am very happy with the results.  I really just eyballed the spacing and sewed across each sandwich until they were covered in squares.  This needs to be done before sewing your patches together.  I decided to add a binding to the top since I loved the smoother look.  I made the handles out of the same brown material.  The scalloped stitching really happened unplanned as I was sitting there and thought, wow that might be cute! :)  Now I add it to every quilted purse.  I have a few on order from friends after they saw mine.  Be sure you have enough thread if you plan to quilt the patches.  It takes about three spools of the normal size spools.  I hope you love it as much I have!  Happy sewing

I was browsing pinterest when I saw this and had to pin it and then had to try it...with my own spin of course! If you want to check out the pretty scalloped purse click here  stampingcountry.typepad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment